Hey crafty friends! I hope you are having the best summer and staying cool! I am ready for the fall and winter and all the beautiful times with family coming up. We tend to be so busy during the spring and summer with work and other obligations that we don’t get to relax and enjoy our family as much. The beautiful new Holiday Trends Mini debuted on August 1 (linked up on my side bar to the right) and I’m gearing up for Christmas crafting already. I am working on Christmas mini albums to give with my presents to Grandparents and decided these darling one sheet minis are the perfect size to show off the babies!
This Christmas mini is created using the pattern paper from Fun Stampers Journey called Cozy Prints and used 2 of the new stamp sets to create the cover: Stay Cozy and Most Wonderful.
Each panel is 3.5″x4.5″ and will accommodate 3″x4″ photos and journal cards.
There are 12 photo sized spaces (including the front and back cover) and also 6 smaller flaps for journaling or other embellishments.
You can wrap ribbon around the outside of these albums to keep them shut if you’d like by running the ribbon under the cardstock on the middle panels of the album.
I also needed a mini album to showcase birthday pictures of my adorable twin niece and nephew who turned 2 this March and they had the cutest party! In this digital age, printing pictures is becoming rare and I really wanted my parents to have a little memory book to show off those grandbabies! I’ve created a slide show with step by step instructions for you to recreate this adorable little mini, just click on the first photo to start! (also directions are listed below for convenience).
- Cut whip cream cardstock to 12″x11.75″
- Using the Journey Score Board, score the 11.75″ side at 3.75″ and 4″ and also at 7.75″ and 8 “ for total of 4 score lines on that side. Score the 12″ side at 5″ and 10”
- With the 11.75″ side facing up, cut the score lines up to the 5″ and 10″ lines on the double score lines to create 3 flaps from the bottom and 3 small flaps from the top.
- Round Corners if desired and cut pattern paper as follows: 12 pieces @ 3.5″ x 4.5″ and 6 pieces @ 1.75″x3.5″
- Round 2 corners on each side the paper and glue patterned paper to panels.
- Die cut note pocket die from pattern paper and fold on score lines.
- Using blue liquid color and gel press on white cardstock for background for greeting.
- Lighten up blue with whip cream paint.
- While paint is wet drop sequins along edge, let dry and then stamp greeting on whip cream cardstock and either die cut or fussy cut and adhere using foam squares.
- Stamp out candles using Summer Days and Rich Coral Ink. Fussy cut candles. Slip greeting card into note pocket card die and stagger on front of mini album. Using Journey Black Twine, create a circle of twine and adhere down using candles on foam squares. Add pumpkin patch ribbon tied into bow. Add pictures and journaling to album and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy both of these fantastic little mini albums and hope you are inspired to create some of your own! Make sure to link me up in the comments if you do, I love seeing other projects.
A few August promotion reminders!!! Make sure to visit my FSJ store for all kinds of mixed media products that are 20% off this month. I love the FSJ stencils and paints and plan to stock up on those this month along with some pan pastels which are new to me but I can’t WAIT to play with!
As always make sure to check out this month’s GORGEOUS Bloom Box called Backyard Blooms, you can purchase just the one month or you can subscribe for six months for savings (plus a free catalog from me!) Contact me for details or click the Bloom Box link in the menu bar up top!
As always, I hope you have a blessed day. Links to products used are below.